- Possession of active RCA Membership does not constitute or imply the RCA’s endorsement of its Members’ businesses or business practices. The RCA does not verify Members’ products, services or offerings.
- Use of the RCA logo without the RCA’s explicit permission does not constitute or imply the RCA’s endorsement.
- Information shared via the Recycling Council of Alberta’s (RCA) Member services* about Member businesses does not constitute or imply endorsement or support by RCA or its individual Members.
- Views and opinions expressed by Members do not necessarily reflect those of the RCA or its individual members.
- Under no circumstances will the RCA be liable for any damages relating directly or indirectly to any action or inaction based on the content, information, products or services or use of other material shared via Member services.
- RCA is not be responsible for the accuracy, currency or completeness of the content, information, products or services or other material shared through Member services.
*Member services = Newsflash, listing in the RCA’s Enviro Business Guide or on the website, Connector advertisements or news, advertisement in other newsletters, sponsorship at conference, references in social media.
Usage of photographic and video material taken at RCA events
To comply with global data privacy laws, RCA imposes certain restrictions on the use of multimedia at its events (e.g. photography, video, audio, online streaming, and all future mediums). An attendee is permitted to use hand-held cameras and/or smart phones to take photographs and capture digital images for personal, non-commercial use, provided the photography is not disruptive. Photographs may not be published, sold, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever.
RCA may hire professional service providers (photo/video/streaming/audio) to document and display the event experience. RCA may also use social media (e.g. Twitter) to: (i) post real-time photos and videos to its social media feeds; and (ii) display select submissions from those feeds on monitors throughout the event venue. Attendees and sponsors are encouraged to capture their event experiences and post their own social content from the event (text, photos, audio, video, streaming), provided it does not infringe upon the rights of any attendee, sponsor, third party, or RCA. Such infringement would include, but is not limited to, defamation or infringement of intellectual property rights. In the event an attendee requires a release or permission to protect the rights of a third party, obtaining such a release or permission shall be the sole responsibility of the attendee.
By attending the event, you acknowledge and agree as follows: (a) RCA may edit and use footage it captures at the event for marketing and promotional activities and for any other lawful purpose in the ordinary course of its business; and (b) due to the prevalence of mobile recording devices in today’s world, RCA disclaims all liability for the capture of your image in any multimedia format by other attendees at the event.