2017 Rs of Excellence Awards – Call for Nominations
The RCA is seeking nominations for its 2017 Rs of Excellence Awards.
If you know a person, program, or organization that has made an outstanding contribution towards waste reduction, please let us know.
Application is simple:
Use our online form to submit a nomination. Describe the goals, results, and accomplishments that were achieved resulting in waste reduction excellence. Consider the following criteria:
- Waste Reduction impacts
- What are the quantified reductions in waste? Metrics include amount of waste reduced, and associated environmental benefits. Measurable results are an important consideration in choosing winners.
- How were the 3Rs incorporated?
- Innovation and progressiveness
- How did this nominee / project raise the bar?
- How is the nominee inspiring?
- Was there collaboration?
- History and track record
- What did things look like before this change?
- Did it create long-term change, or was it a one-time event?
- Overall environmental commitment
- What are the other environmental benefits (e.g., greenhouse gas reductions, behaviour change, etc.)
- Suggested award category (past categories include Institutional Leadership, Product Stewardship, Waste Reduction Service, Corporate Leadership, Zero Waste, Special Event, Municipal Program)
Please include contact information for the nominee as well as yourself. We require at least two letters of support for each nomination. We also appreciate receiving a few photos of the project or organization being nominated. Electronic submission of all materials is preferred.
Nomination deadline: August 13, 2017
Awards will be presented at the RCA’s Waste Reduction Conference “It Takes A Village”, which will be held October 11-13, 2017 at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.
A couple of winners captured at the 2016 Rs of Excellence Awards Ceremony: