It’s Waste Reduction Week
Happy Waste Reduction Week!
Waste Reduction Week 2021 – October 18th to 24th
Waste Reduction Week in Canada is celebrating its 20th anniversary with the theme Then – Now – Future.
The Recycling Council of Alberta is excited to once again celebrate individual and collective environmental commitments, efforts, and accomplishments while encouraging innovative ideas and solutions around waste reduction.
Each day of Waste Reduction Week and its associated theme is presented through the lens of its contribution to advancing a Circular Economy. As a relatively new concept in Canada, the theme days provide an opportunity to educate what is meant by the Circular Economy as each theme has its own story to tell.
Today kicks offs by showcasing new and innovative circular economy stories and the organizations that are championing this new concept helping making linkages to how it advances resource efficiencies and waste reduction.
Get involved this #WasteReductionWeek!
- Participate in Events
- Proclaim Waste Reduction Week
- Light a local landmark blue & green
- Take the Food Waste Pledge
- Learn about the program themes
- Share ideas, tips, and stories on social media #WasteReductionWeek
Check out these Waste Reduction Week events in Alberta
- St. Alberta Waste Reduction Week Scavenger Hunt
- Edmonton Public Library & City of Edmonton: Food Waste and Compost Basics
- Online Cooking Workshop from The Airdrie Foodbank in Partnership with The City of Airdrie
- Food Waste and You Online Workshop – Airdrie Foodbank & City of Airdrie
- Talking Trash: Let’s Talk About Food Waste Webinar in Partnership with Calgary Public Library
Check out these landmark lightings across the province this week:
- Edmonton High Level Bridge – October 18th
- Lethbridge City Hall – October 18th
- Calgary Tower – October 19th
- Airdrie City Hall – October 20th
- Red Deer City Hall – October 20th
- Grande Prairie Sundial – October 18th – 23rd
For more information on how you can get involved visit these links:
Watch your inbox all week for more information about the day’s key themes and help us celebrate our environmental efforts and achievements while encouraging new innovative ideas and solutions.