Job Opportunity: Account Sustainability Manager for the Edmonton market at Cascades Recovery+
Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibres. The Company employees close to 11,000 employees, who work in over 90 production units in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely.
Cascades’ Specialty Products Group (SPG) is a pillar in the industrial and consumer packaging, recovery and recycling sectors. Cascades Recovery+, an SPG business unit, secures the supply of raw materials for Cascades and external mills, in its position as the market leader in the discarded materials industry.
In order to maintain our position as an industry leader, we recognize that our people are our greatest asset, and we promote a culture of employee engagement and involvement. We foster and create opportunities for growth and development for our employees.
Are you ready to get on-board?
Cascades is actively recruiting for a highly energetic and motivated Account Sustainability Manager for the Edmonton market. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing programs and the profitability of the programs within existing Cascades Recovery+ clients. The incumbent in the position will need to have a comprehensive understanding of managing discarded materials in a sustainable manner, account maintenance, account retention, attention to details and excellent interpersonal skills. The incumbent will carry out all responsibilities while promoting Cascades Recovery+ safety and quality practices.
- Gaining a full understanding of how discarded materials are managed and more specifically how Cascades Recovery+ manages these materials
- Employing a consultative sales approach
- Meeting and exceeding defined monthly financial and volume projections
- Utilizing marketing tools to promote Company programs and services
- Development of customer P&L statements, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis as required
- Prepare and conduct client presentations
- Utilize applicable sales tools effectively, including, Monthly TRUX Prospects dB, forecasting worksheets, to plan, communicate and document progress
- Maintain a log of business activities for the month to be reviewed by management
- Attend trade shows and participate in professional organizations
- Post-secondary education (College or University Degree) with a major in Business, Sales and Marketing or Environmental Studies preferred, but not required
- 3 – 5 years of customer facing, account management and/or Business to Business (B2B) sales experience, preferably in the industrial, waste management and/or environmental services markets
- Must have proven success as a sales professional with a verifiable track record of success with customer facing and account management
- Ability to build both trust and respect with customers and understand how to cost-effectively apply recycling solutions to meet customer specific goals and objectives
- Effectively qualify potential customers and their needs, identify decision makers and generate interest in Cascades Recovery+ services
- Practical and innovative problem solving capabilities
- Strong customer-orientation; prompt issue resolution/follow-through
- Strong time management and organizational skills to ensure focus on value-added activities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- A competitive starting salary commensurate with skills and experience, with further increases based on performance in the position.
- A comprehensive employee benefits plan that includes extended health, dental, vision care, life insurance, LTD, EFAP, RRSP, etc.
- A car allowance, commission/incentive plan and profit sharing are also in place for this position.
If you’re interested in getting involved, being a part of the environmental solution, and joining a dedicated multi-cultural team of hard working individuals, then Cascades Recovery+ is interested in speaking with you. Please respond by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Cascades Recovery+ thanks all candidates for their interest in this position but only those selected for consideration for an interview will be contacted further. The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.