Job Opportunity: Production Supervisor at Cascades Recovery+ in Edmonton
Cascades Recovery+ currently has an opening for a Production Supervisor based out of their Edmonton Facility located at 2015 87 Avenue, NW. This position is full time.
This position directly supervises all facets of plant operations and personnel in the receiving, processing, preparing, baling and shipping of recycled materials in order to maximize production, minimize costs and to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Insure that each employee you supervise has received an initial orientation before beginning work;
- Provide them with a tour of the plant and document that the orientation has been completed by having the new employee sign off on the orientation program;
- Insure that each employee you supervise is competent or receives training on safe operation of equipment or tasks before starting work on that equipment or project;
- Insure that each employee receives required personal protective equipment (PPE) before starting work on a project requiring PPE. Ensure compliance;
- Do a daily walk-around safety-check of the work area. Promptly correct any hazards you find including any unsafe bail stacking;
- Observe the employees you supervise working. Promptly correct any unsafe behavior. Provide training and take corrective action as necessary;
- Set a good example for employees by following safety rules and policies and procedures;
- Investigate all incidents in your area and report your findings to management;
- Talk to the General Manager about changes to work practices or equipment that will improve employee safety;
- Attend safety training as required;
- Record any accident or incident in the log book and report to the Plant Manager immediately.
- Performance reviews semi-annually or as required;
- Employee discipline as necessary;
- Train, develop and motivate plant personnel;
- Maintain proper personnel and job classifications;
- Ensure employees are qualified to perform their duties.
- Maintain and analyze production reports (KPI’s & OEE);
- Schedule and lead production/crew meetings;
- Identify maintenance and/or repair needs daily in conjunction with Maintenance Coordinator;
- Carry out safety meetings as required;
- Order supplies (baling wire, parts, etc.);
- Maintain and ensure all quality standards;
- Set and monitor production goals;
- Understand new technology (e.g. screening, sort lines, etc.);
- Operate equipment as required;
- Perform repairs, maintenance and modifications to equipment as required.
- Approve and monitor overtime;
- Control overhead costs (line item assignments);
- Prepare, implement and control preventative maintenance programs for all equipment in conjunction with maintenance person;
- Implement and promote safety/fire protection, loss prevention and security;
- Monitor progress with modified duties to ensure the employee returns to work at their regular duties as soon as possible.
- Monitor inventories;
- Facilitate and monitor outbound shipments;
- Look after material movement;
- Responding to calls immediately;
- Maintain building – repairs and housekeeping.
- Three to Five years supervisory experience in a manufacturing or related industry. Previous experience with equipment used in the recycling industry and with related mobile equipment would be a definite asset;
- Equipment operation capabilities required. Must be able to operate at least one of the following equipment: front end loader, fork lift and/or skid steer. Training will be provided for any of the other equipment if needed;
- Mechanical aptitude considered and asset;
- Class 1 driver’s license considered an asset;
- Good knowledge of electrical and hydraulic components;
- Must be able to work well in an unsupervised environment and as part of a project team;
- Proven troubleshooting ability with emphasis on safety and reliability;
- Must be well organized;
- Good communications and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to perform machining would be an asset;
- Must be aware of all safety standards and requirements for maintenance work.
- The starting salary for this position will be based on qualifications and experience, with further increases annually.
- The Company also offers group benefits (extended health, dental, life insurance, LTD, RRSP, EFAP, etc.).
- Company work clothing and safety shoe allowance.
- Profit sharing plan.
If you are looking for a job with an industry leader that offers long-term employment and regular hours, please submit your resume to email@example.com (posting remains open until a suitable candidate is found).
About The Company
Founded in 1964, Cascades Inc. produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibres. Cascades’ Specialty Products Group (SPG), a division of Cascades Inc., is a pillar in the industrial and consumer packaging, recovery and recycling sectors.
Cascades Recovery+, an SPG business unit, secures the supply of raw materials for Cascades and external mills, in its position as market leader in the discarded materials industry.
Cascades thanks all applicants for their interest but due to business constraints only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.