Career Opportunity: Program Administrator (Electronics) at ARMA in Edmonton
Program Administrator (Electronics)
Alberta Recycling Management Authority (ARMA) is seeking a permanent full-time Program Administrator for the electronics recycling program (the Program). This position is located in our downtown Edmonton office.
The Program Administrator is responsible for verification of funding claims submitted by electronics recyclers registered with the Program. A strong understanding of the funding terms and conditions of the Program combined with a high attention to detail is required for success in this position. The ideal candidate will bring advanced administrative, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to the position. Collaboration with other departments in the organization is required on an ongoing basis.
Interested candidates should review the details below and submit a cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Program Administrator (Electronics)
This full-time permanent position responsible for the administration of ARMA Board approved environmental stewardship initiatives in the electronics recycling program area.
- Provide effective and proactive program administration and technical support as assigned for approved Industry Council and Board initiatives in the electronic recycling program.
- Process all electronic processor payables, including verification of supporting documentation. This responsibility includes following up with Processors for additional supporting documentation, liaising with processors regarding payments and completion of documentation, preparing processor payment reports, maintaining a processor payable filing system, and receiving all incoming calls pertaining to processor payables.
- Maintain current documentation for all registered processors and approved downstream processors in accordance with the incentive program requirements.
- Review downstream processor applications to develop recommendation for approval based on current requirements of program.
- Perform analysis of program related data based on processor incentive claims (e.g. collected vs. processed, average vs. actual weights), and identify any discrepancies requiring follow-up.
- Perform periodic follow-up inquiries to verify accuracy of processor incentive claims.
- Coordinate with financial administration regarding clarification of processor payments as needed.
- Work directly with the Field Services Inspector under the supervision of the Director of Operations to ensure that any non-compliance issues with registered electronics processors are documented and followed up to completion.
- Maintain ongoing and timely communication with registered electronics processors regarding any program related changes, issues and concerns.
- Respond to inquiries from the public, stakeholders, etc. regarding electronics recycling program issues.
- Assist the Collection Site Administrator in the completion of electronics and paint quarterly funding payables.
- Perform various records management tasks including creating files, updating records management database, creating labels, and archiving files.
- Perform other administrative support duties as assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive, cooperative working relationships with various stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize work load, self-start and self-motivate, produce quality results in a timely manner.
- Exhibits good judgment, discretion and intuitive problem-solving skills to resolve conflict.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Technical College certification or University degree in a related field such as business administration, environmental sciences, communications, etc.
- At least three (3) years of related experience in program coordination or related administrative duties. The equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
- Technical skills in relation to computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and organization skills.
Newsflash paid for by Alberta Recycling Management Authority.