Job Opportunity: Program Coordinator at Plastic-Free YYC in Calgary
Position title: Program Coordinator for Plastic-Free YYC in Calgary
Are you a self-starting, passionate Earthling looking to make a change in our world? Use your awesome project management superpowers and superb communication skills to help fight plastic waste. Showcase your skills and knowledge to our community and take your budding career to the next level
We are looking for our newest team member, a Program Coordinator who will oversee the planning and delivery of Pathways to Zero Waste – a special city-wide webinar series on plastic pollution and solutions.This position will work closely with businesses, community partners and volunteers, under supervision of Plastic-Free YYC’s Executive Director.
Gain experience and build your project management career with our team! All applicants must be located in the Calgary area or be able to relocate by July 2021. This is a short term, part-time position for a ~300-hour project to be delivered between July 2021 – April 2022.
Event planning and logistics
- Develop and project manage event plan for workshops and webinars, including workback schedules.
- Liaise with various stakeholders, both in and outside of the organization, to determine considerations unique to each event.
- Develop briefing materials to communicate event details with all relevant persons involved in the event.
- Provide input into event programme development and develop internal programme documents that track most recent thinking on content.
- Create and oversee event checklists, including invitation, promotion, tech support, and content requirements.
- Represent organizational events at full-organization and team-specific meetings for planning and internal communications purposes.
- Coordinating logistics and all support with tech support, event hosts, moderators, and other key individuals leading up to and throughout the event
- Identify, mitigate, and address event issues.
- Moderate in-event chats with event audience and panelists, as needed.
- Writing copy for event invitations and digital communications materials, including website and social media content and providing to the internal communications team for event promotion and execution.
- Communicate effectively with event stakeholders to gather event-specific insights, stay current with changing project needs, and collect assets for event development
- Track and monitor key marketing and communications metrics, analyze data and prepare reports.
Relationship management & Fundraising
- Develop and deepen relationships with a broad set of stakeholders, including: internal communications, policy, and research teams; external communications teams; government stakeholders; panelists and moderators; and others.
- Identify and secure sponsorships.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 1 year’s communications and event planning experience.
- Experience planning and executing online/virtual events, on time and on budget.
- Strong project management and organization skills. Multi-tasking skills as well as attention to detail are important.
- Able to work independently, set priorities, and problem solve unaided.
- Capacity to juggle competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to use various technologies and platforms: Google Suite, Mailchimp, Zoom, Eventbrite, and/or similar online tools used in virtual events execution. Comfortable with learning new digital platforms.
- Communications experience, including writing copy and public speaking.
- Broad knowledge about waste management, circular economy, zero waste, or environmental education and communication preferred.
- Post-secondary education, completed or in-progress, is considered an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English) would be an asset.
Plastic-Free YYC is Calgary’s leading voice in zero waste and plastic free living. Our mission is to engage individuals, businesses and governments to make positive, plastic-free changes in the world.
The deadline to apply is Friday, June 18, 2021 at 11:59 pm MDT. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive and this position may be filled prior to June 18, 2021 if the right candidate is found, so applicants are encouraged to apply early. We regret that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please apply through Plastic-Free YYC’s website here: https://plasticfreeyyc.com/get-involved-volunteer/
Newsflash sent on behalf of Plastic-Free YYC