Job Opportunity: Solid Waste Lead Hand at Parkland County
Parkland County is currently hiring for the position of Solid Waste Lead Hand (Competition #19-62)
Department Group: Operations Services
Department: Public Works Services
Location: Transfer Station
Close Date: Sep 25 2019 – 04:30:00 PM
Parkland County has a permanent, full-time position available for a Solid Waste Lead Hand. Reporting to the General Supervisor, Solid Waste Services, this position is responsible for the daily maintenance of the solid waste transfer stations, landfills, and recycling areas throughout the County. This position provides direction to Solid Waste Workers for day-to-day operations, operates equipment and completes manual tasks to ensure daily operations are completed.
- Minimum grade twelve education. Post-secondary education in a related field is desirable.
- 5 years’ related experience in transfer station/landfill operation, solid waste handling and applicable equipment operation is required.
- 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity is required.
- Alberta Certified Landfill and Composting Facility Operator or the ability to get certification. Class II Alberta Environment Landfill Operator Certification and Alberta Transfer Station Operator Course is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain tactful service oriented relationship with the general public.
- Willing to work independently and make routine decisions regarding ongoing daily operations.
- Exceptional organizational skills and proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office.
- Mechanically Inclined.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License current satisfactory Driver’s Abstract is required.
Rate of Pay: $32.96 per hour
Hours of Work: 8 hours/day; 40 hours/week
This position is covered by the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local Union No. 955 Collective Agreement.
To apply, please visit https://careers.parklandcounty.com