Job Opportunity: Solid Waste Operations Manager at Chestermere Utilities Inc.
CUI is a fast-growing utility company in beautiful Chestermere, Alberta. They provide curbside waste collection of organics, garbage, and recycling, as well as water, waste water, and storm water management for residential and commercial customers.
CUI Vision: A leader in stewardship through the innovative delivery of essential services in Alberta.
CUI Mission: A trusted community partner stewarding precious resources and delivering safe, efficient utility solutions – everyday.
- We make sure everyone is able to get from home to work and back safely
- Responsible to the shareholder, community, environment
- Every single team member is dedicated to a thoughtful/meaningful customer experience
- We are collaborative – with our industry, community, peers and staff
- We are innovative – we make big things happen
- We do the right thing
Chestermere Utilities Inc. (CUI) is looking for a Solid Waste Operations Manager to join their team to lead the day-to-day operations of curbside collections and the community’s recycling depot program. The successful candidate will ensure that CUI’s services are provided in a safe and cost-effective manner. This includes scheduling and supervision of a team of experienced, safety conscious Operators and ensuring CUI’s fleet of vehicles are well maintained and ready for service. CUI’s team members share a strong work ethic, a demonstrated commitment to working safely and a desire to provide outstanding customer service. Employment is conditional on providing a clean driver’s abstract and passing a criminal record background check.
- Oversee day to day operations of multiple routes and collection streams for both regulated and unregulated customers.
- Ensure measures are in place and support the monitoring of safety programs for continuous improvement.
- Develop and monitor the annual operations and capital budget (including business cases in support of major expenditures) required to achieve CUI’s solid waste program objectives.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators which demonstrate a high level of customer service and value for money.
- Identify opportunities to maintain and improve Chestermere’s leading curbside diversion rate (73%) cost effectively
- Performs operational audits of collections routes and observation routes.
- Retain, recruit and train operators
- Scheduling of preventative fleet maintenance and prioritization of emergent issues achieving a high level of fleet availability.
- Conduct accident investigations including scene management, first accident report and final analysis with root cause and preventative measures.
- Maintains Environmental Health and Safety programs including training, meetings and required reporting of relevant EH&S issues.
- Maintaining adherence to company policies.
- Oversees the management of container inventories.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent,
- Post secondary education; a diploma or degree with a concentration in municipal operations, civil engineering, horticultural and environmental sciences or another relevant field is an asset.
- Valid Class 3 License with a “Q” endorsement,
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level “C” certificates
- Minimum ten years’ experience in progressively more responsible roles performing similar duties.
- Solid waste management experience considered an asset.
- Interested candidates must be willing to work flexible hours (including weekends), and will be part of the afterhours, on-call schedule.
- Basic computer skills (MS Outlook) and the willingness to learn new initiatives and applications.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter (including compensation expectations) and resume and as one attachment by Friday March 23, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Pauline Greenidge
Note: Please put Solid Waste Operations Manager in your e-mail subject line.