Job Opportunity: Transfer Station Scale Operator at Parkland County
Competition #21-23 – view the full job posting here.
Parkland County has a casual position available with the Public Works Department for a Transfer Station Scale Operator at the Parkland County Transfer Station. Reporting to the General Supervisor, Solid Waste Services, this position is responsible for the daily operation of the Transfer Station Scale House which includes operation of computer software; customer service including information relay (inside and outside of the scale house); handling financial transactions; maintaining daily/weekly records; directing traffic and maintaining scale house cleanliness. Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with the ability to work independently are required.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year experience in scale house operations at a waste management facility.
- Experience operating scale hardware and accompanying computer software.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License. A current Driver’s Abstract must be provided.
Rate of Pay: $19.31 – $24.14 per hour
Hours of Work: The position is expected to work a minimum of 3 hours per week (with the potential of more hours when required). The Transfer Station operates Tuesday through Saturday, therefore, the successful candidate will be expected to have open availability within this schedule.
To apply, please visit https://careers.parklandcounty.com
Newsflash paid for by Parkland County