Regional Workshop in Cypress Hills
The Recycling Council of Alberta (RCA) and Saskatchewan Waste Reduction Council (SWRC) were pleased to host a joint regional waste reduction workshop in beautiful Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park on Thursday, June 25, 2015.
Topics covered during the day included agricultural plastics, recycling in small communities, reducing food waste, processing organics, and glass recycling.
Thank you to all participants for attending this informative day of waste reduction discussions.
Challenges and Opportunities in Rural Communities
- Ellaine Hawrylak & Barry Rudd (Town of Maple Creek)
- Anne Auriat (Edson Recycling Society)
- Ryan Walker (Haul-All Equipment Ltd.)
Agricultural Plastics Update
- Travis Quirk (Simply Ag Solutions) – Saskatchewan
- Pat Sliworsky (Mountain View Regional Waste Management Commission) & Jane Fulton (Mountain View County) – Alberta
- Darryl Wolski (Merlin Plastics) – Alberta
- Laura Thygesen (Alberta Agriculture)
A New Glass Recycling Opportunity for Western Canada
Reducing Organic Waste
- Mike Meinhardt (Red Hat Co-op) – “Misfit Veggies”
- Chris Perry (Grow the Energy Circle Ltd.) – Anaerobic Digestion