ARMA and ABmunis EPR Webinar: Oct 5
- Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) coming to Alberta
- How we arrived at this point
- How it will save municipalities money
- How your community can participate
- The decisions you need to make
- Potential impact on municipalities
- An opportunity to have your questions answered
- Date: October 5th
- Time: 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Registration Link: https://www.abmunis.ca/events/registering-epr-why-you-should-how-you-can
- Speakers: Gabrielle Betts, Executive Director for EPR with the Alberta Recycling Management Authority
Who should attend?
This virtual engagement is open to municipal staff working in solid waste and recycling. Attendance is limited to individuals elected to or employed by municipalities that are Regular Members of ABmunis.
A copy of the presentation will be shared with members after the event.
In November 2022, the Government of Alberta passed regulations to reduce the financial burden of recycling on municipalities by shifting the physical and financial responsibility of collecting, processing, and recycling materials from municipalities to producers.
Your community will have choices to make:
For your community to be eligible for EPR, it must indicate its interest to ARMA by registering with ARMA. This involves answering a questionnaire about your municipality’s current recycling and HHW program on ARMA’s website. Registering does not commit your community to EPR; it simply means that your community remains eligible to make choices.
Newsflash sent on behalf of ABmunis and ARMA